Friday, March 24, 2006

Food

So I guess the main thing preoccupying me now (besides the pain, discomfort, and inability to say any word that has an "s" in it) is food. What can I eat? Well, here's what I can't eat:

Anything hard--like cookies, rolls, crackers, pizza crust
Anything chewy
Candy
Red wine (stains the ceramic brackets)
Tea/coffee (ditto...my teapots are going to be very lonely this year!)
Tomato sauce (ditto)

At this point in the treatment--day 3--I have had smoothies for breakfast from the GNC store on my way to work. Though, today I had a high-protein smoothie and the person making it convinced me that I needed a multi-vitamin thrown in. And now all day my pee has been flourescent yellow. I think for next week I'll stick with Caribbean Blast. For lunch I've discovered mashed potatoes and very soft melt-in-your-mouth yams. Last night I went out with a few friends for dinner at California Pizza Kitchen and the only thing on the menu that I could eat was the smashed pea and barley soup. Without braces I never would have ordered this. Ever. I've never tried split pea soup and I've never wanted to. The name alone is unappetizing. But, that was my only choice. And, amazingly, it was really good. Really good. In fact, I bought two cans of split pea soup tonight--another food I can eat! One thing is for certain--my pants were fitting me a lot better today! This could be the best diet yet.

4 Comments:

Blogger Girl Ray said...

I didn't see chocolate on the list! Yea!

8:39 PM  
Blogger TinselTeeth said...

A glass of chocolate milk a day keeps the cravings away!

10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you can have an occaisional coffee or tea- I drank about 30 diet cokes a day when I had mine and they didn't stain ;)

9:31 AM  
Blogger TinselTeeth said...

I must confess, I have indulged in Starbucks chai a few times...and then quickly brushed my teeth afterwards! Chai and chocolate milk will get me through!

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home