Friday, March 31, 2006

La Traviata

I bet you didn't realize that this was a blog about food...

Last night I went with a friend to La Traviata in Brooklyn. It was very spontaneous, as I had already planned my meal of mashed potatoes (homemade!), mac & cheese and creamed corn. But, hey, no better time than the present to venture into the world of eating out. I had very delicious and mushy white bean and escarole soup and very soft sweet potato fries with a glass of white wine. Because of the escarole I was terrified the whole night that I had big green chunks stuck in my braces, but was afraid to ask. At the end of the night I went to the bathroom and lo and behold--nothing. My braces were perfectly clean. I think next time I go out, I may have to make an announcement at the beginning: "If I have anything in my braces, please don't be afraid to tell me." Of course, I think that goes for people without braces, too. Why is it that people are so afraid of telling someone they have something stuck between their teeth?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right?!?!? I mean if you're my friend, do you really want me to look like an idiot with food sticking out from between my teeth? I never have a problem telling people if they do, or asking them if I do- sure it might be momentarily embarrassing, but not half as humiliating as walking around for an hour or two with a big glob of spinach wedged in! ;)

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home