Friday, March 30, 2007

On the Fast Track

This past Tuesday was my one-year marker with braces. So, yes, soon! This week Dr. Newman asked if I could come back in two weeks and when I made my appointment, the assistant said, "Oh, he's got you on the fast track!" I knew that had to be a good sign. Dr. Newman also mentioned that next time I would be getting rubber bands. I've been able to deal with nearly everything with a smile on my face, but rubber bands? I'm not so sure about that. I did a little research about them and at least one source said that rubber bands come at the end of treatment and help to align the teeth in a way that braces alone can't. Even if it's not my cup of tea, I'm still going to have to wear them so I might as well get over it! I wasn't confident enough to ask him for an estimate on getting these things off, though. The closer it gets, the more nervous I get!

2 Comments:

Blogger Listy-loo said...

How exciting!! Now you can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never had braces but I had rubber bands at one point. The fun part is being able to remove them with your tongue and shoot them at people "by mistake." Good times, good times.

I hope your party goes well.

2:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home