Sunday, October 15, 2006

Something to Smile About


This past week was pretty rough at work, more so than usual--so it is no surprise that I had to get a good dose of chai to push through it. There are about two Starbucks on every block near where I work (I guess lots of people need their chai!). But there's a very tiny, very busy one that's somehow come to be my favorite. People there are generally so friendly and happy and fun and I knew that this was exactly the place I needed to go to for my chai this week.

While I was waiting for my chai to get made, the guy who took my order came up to me and said, "I just wanted to tell you, you have a beautiful smile." I smiled big and blushed. "Even with the braces?" I said. "Especially with the braces--it shows you're taking care of yourself," he said. Then he gave me my chai (which just so happened to be much bigger than the one I had ordered...). I thanked him, still smiling, and told him to have a great day. The great thing about it was that he wasn't being sleazy or forward, just genuine. I think that's what I really needed--a good dose of genuine--to push through the week.

1 Comments:

Blogger Listy-loo said...

I think if once a day everyone gave someone a sincere, unprompted comment, the world would be a much better place. I had an incident like this when I was pregnant and it made me feel good about myself for weeks. That isn't easy when you're hauling an extra 35 pounds around!

Anyhow, I am glad you got what you needed to get through the week!

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home