Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Troublemaker

Another orthodontist's appointment down this week...and not that much closer to knowing when these things are coming off. I'm soooo close, but just not there yet. This marked the fifth week since my last visit and it's amazing what an extra week can do to you! I walked in and everything seemed a little foreign to me, like I hadn't been there in years.


When it was my turn to get in the "chair," the very nice and funny assistant asked me if I wouldn't mind a silver tie (instead of clear) on my "problem child" tooth. I just looked at her and said, "No, I can't do silver." She looked at me with wide eyes. "I'm just kidding!" I said. For some reason I was in a goofy mood that day. "You know, you scared me for a second," she said. I'm usually such a good and quiet patient. I don't cause a ruckus. I let them do crazy things to me and I just sit back with a smile.


She added some new ties and sent me on my way. When I went to make my next appointment (4 weeks, thankfully!), the woman at the front desk said, "There's my Brandy! Such a sweetheart!" The assistant piped up with, "If you could have heard her today!" Uh-oh, I don't want to start getting a reputation. I kept saying, "No, no, really, I was just kidding!" "Right! Sure you were!" she said. At least I livened things up a bit!


The interesting thing is that my teeth are still shifting, even they look really darn straight. But my bite is ever changing and I think that's what we're all waiting on. I've also noticed the appearance of cheekbones lately. I'm not sure if it's possible for someone's jaw to narrow, but if it is, then that's what mine seems to be doing. And, as a result, I am constantly surprised by this shadow that shows up on my face highlighting my cheekbones. This combined with the fact that last week a stranger told me I had amazingly high cheekbones has me convinced.

Till next time...

1 Comments:

Blogger Listy-loo said...

I have always known you to be a troublemaker!

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home