Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Coming Out, Part 2

Today was week 2 in my "teaching yoga with braces" experience. Still not 100% articulate, but I'm finding that I'm much more comfortable and not so worried about what other people think, or if they know.

After class we have yogi tea, which is really delicious--and so lovely after yoga class, whether as a student or teacher. But, alas, no tea for me...unless it's through a straw...due to the possible staining factor of the ceramic brackets. Everyone was talking about how especially wonderful the tea was today. The receptionist/studio manager (who made the tea) said that she had two mug-fuls, which is rare for her because after making a huge pot, the last thing she wants to do is drink any of it. So I said that I couldn't have any because of the braces, and, to my surprise, my students were shocked that I had braces. They didn't even notice. The girl who's a regular said, "Wow, you're going to be a knock-out!" To which I replied, "Yes, I'd like to think so..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home