Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Raw Fish Without Raw Cheeks

Last week the pain of the wires sticking into my cheeks was unbearable so I ended up making an emergency trip to the orthodontist. It just so happened that the office was closed for vacation, but there was one assistant there who was able to help me. She clipped the wires down, gave me more wax and also offered to put some sort of numbing gel on my cheeks. I was a little wary of the stuff so she gave me a packet just in case.

Last week was also a week of fancy dinners and I wanted to be able to enjoy them without the pain and annoyance of these darn wires poking me. First stop was Nobu for my co-worker's farewell dinner (I'll miss you, Aldin!). Up until Thursday raw fish was not my thing. I tried a spicy tuna roll once a long long time ago and just couldn't deal with the texture, so from then on it's been mostly sweet potato and avocado rolls for me. But I figured that since I was going to Nobu, of all places, I might as well try the sushi and sashimi. For the most part, the raw fish went down pretty well.

The following day I took Cab to Mas for his birthday and we ended up getting the tasting menu. This is always a good option when fancy restaurants aren't a normal part of one's life--this way you can just take a taste of a lot of different kinds of dishes. The first thing we had was some type of raw white fish and, thanks to Nobu, I was able to eat it.

It's so much easier and more pleasant to eat without wires poking into my mouth! I should have had those things clipped weeks ago...

1 Comments:

Blogger Girl Ray said...

Your life is FULL of adventures!

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home