Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Apartment Therapy

I picked up the book "Apartment Therapy" a few weeks ago, and I've devoured it in its entirety multiple times already. It calls itself the 8-week home cure, so I'm putting it into therapy for a few months and will hope for the best.

I've lived in my apartment for nearly 7 years and I feel like much of that time has been spent waiting. Waiting for what? I have no idea. The right time? Enough money? The perfect apartment somewhere else? When I'm no longer renting?

I think my apartment is cute on occasion...when the lights are dimmed, a few candles are lit, but all in all, what I've realized from reading this book, is that it lacks vision. It also lacks proper investment by me--investment in both time and money.

(On a side note, with the way the economy is going, I know Suze Orman would tell me that I can't afford to invest any money right now in my rental apartment!)

I'm excited to start working on my home, which goes far beyond picking out paint color.

"When you work on your home, you are working on yourself, and when you change your home, you are changing yourself." -Apartment Therapy, Maxwell Gillingham-Ryan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home