Friday, April 14, 2006

Almost Toothless...

I got my bottom braces on Tuesday.

The orthodontist's assistant was doing something to my top braces--and it hurt! I was squirming in the chair it was that bad and generally I've been good with physical pain. She asked me if she was hurting me. I said, "Yes...but if I knew what you were doing, it might help." She said, "I'm trying to pull your tooth out."

Wait!


What?!

The orthodontist decided against pulling teeth! Didn't you read the file?

At that moment I had an idea of what it felt like to get the wrong leg amputated.

Then she said, "No, No, if I could pull your tooth out, I'd have fingers of gold. Girl, I'd have a lot of money right now."

Well, then, what exactly were you doing?

2 Comments:

Blogger MXF said...

I don't understand...who told her to take your tooth out? Did you get a doctor and tell her to stop?

I hate how some people in the medical profession--much like car mechanics--think they can do whatever they want because you don't understand what's going on.

9:38 AM  
Blogger TinselTeeth said...

Luckily, I still have all my teeth. It turned out that what she meant to say was, "I'm pulling your tooth out...from behind the other one." Or something like that. Who knows, really. It was just a shock to my system!

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home