Wednesday, April 19, 2006

America's Next Top Model Goes to the Dentist...

...and it was horrific! Amazingly, a girl with crooked teeth made it into the top 10..and now top 5 or 6. So, while everyone else was getting their teeth whitened, she was going through this 12-hour procedure until 5 in the morning. Her teeth were not terrible--a little crowding and a Jewel snaggletooth is all. They ended up filing down 12 of her teeth. She had to spend the next day with these horrible pointy strips of teeth. Later that evening the dentist put on veneers. So, now she has a "perfect smile," but I wonder how this could have been allowed? It certainly can't be good for the health of her teeth and gums in the long run...I feel sort of stunned and upset about the whole thing!

2 Comments:

Blogger Girl Ray said...

I know, and she seemed so happy about it, no reservations it seemed. I mean, I might have had a couple of teeth pulled when I had braces due to crowding, but that was crazy!!! Phew!

6:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know this is a very old post but I just came across it and was like...umm...they are called veneers...what's the big deal? Its very common, most stars have them and alot of regular people too. I'm an assistant for a dentist who does them. They are not bad for your teeth or a big deal at all.

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home