Monday, April 24, 2006

A "How-to" Primer


Brushing my teeth. It's something I've been doing a lot lately. I'm getting more used to brushing my teeth in the bathroom at work. I even saw a woman today brushing her teeth in the bathroom--and she doesn't even have braces! One person commented to me, "I wish I were that diligent."

Getting braces has given me much more insight into taking care of my teeth. The thing is--sugar isn't the enemy. Time is. It isn't necessarily what you eat that causes cavities and plaque and tartar--it's how long the food stays on your teeth. It's a scary thought that when I get my braces off, I could actually have a lot of staining if I don't brush enough--and correctly. So, I'm trying to avoid that at all costs. I'm also trying to be a good little brusher and get into those gums! Speaking of, I should go brush my teeth right now before heading to bed. Sweet dreams!

3 Comments:

Blogger MXF said...

I know a co-worker (no braces) who brushes her teeth at least twice a day at work (she has OCD), so you're not alone.

I personally always try to chew sugarless gum after eating to get rid of as much gunk as I can (though I know gum is off limits to you, missy).

10:27 AM  
Blogger Girl Ray said...

I don't brush at work because I'm always eating!!

After my braces, I just did the whitening thing, which is now much cheaper with the Crest Whitestrips!

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are too cute! ;)

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home