Sunday, August 06, 2006

More AWB Sightings

Yesterday I went wedding dress shopping with some friends...(and, no, not for me). While in a small dress boutique in the East Village, my friend said, "Brandy, there's an AWB in the back of the store." Sure enough, the mom of the girl trying on wedding dresses had braces. Maybe she wants to look good for the wedding pictures!

Later in the day I popped into the Walgreens in Union Square. As an AWB you always need your toothbrush and a supply of toothpaste on hand and I had run out of my travel toothpaste, so I was in to pick up more.

On a side note--as I went through the revolving doors, Bernadette Peters was coming out (it's always a shock when you see someone famous in such an ordinary place). I don't think she's an AWB, though she'd probably be able to pull off braces fabulously.

After a few seconds I was able to pull myself together and head to the toothpaste aisle. I ended up choosing the 2-in-1 toothpaste/mouthwash with oxygenating bubbles--hey, why not be adventurous, right? I walked up to the cashier and there she was...full on braces. I had the impulse to try to get into another line. It was a little weird being so close to an AWB, especially since I was buying toothpaste. For some reason I tried to keep my mouth as closed as possible, but I could tell for a split second she noticed. I'm not sure why I was so nervous or embarrassed...maybe it was simply because I wanted to buy my AWB supplies anonymously and I felt like I was being found out.

When the day was over, though, I was excited thinking about the prospect of my own wedding someday and how I'll be able to smile without being self-conscious. What is the saying? A picture is worth a thousand words?

1 Comments:

Blogger Listy-loo said...

They really are everywhere, the AWBs. I am lad I can be your AWB scout. Whenever I see one I think of you immediately.

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home