Thursday, June 08, 2006

Let there be movement


I had my monthly orthodontist appointment on Tuesday and the assistant and I concluded that a lot has been going on in my mouth over the last few months. My teeth are moving! I have definitely seen changes, but since I look at my teeth everyday, it doesn't really make an impact.

I tried taking photos of my teeth, but they don't really come out that well. What I've noticed so far--

  • less crowding in my bottom teeth--I definitely feel a difference when I run my tongue along the back of my teeth
  • when I first got my bottom braces, the wire running across my teeth was noticeably crooked and all over the place, but now it's much more subtle
  • my top two canines used to stick out and now they're in line with the rest of the teeth and seem to be slightly farther back in my mouth--when they stuck out, it emphasized their "pointyness" (if that's a word) and I always felt like they looked like vampire teeth, but I don't feel that way at all anymore
  • The major work to be done now is rotating the two incisors next to the canines--my orthodontist says that he'll work on that next time, which probably means shaving a very small amount between a few of my teeth to allow enough space for them to move
  • after my appointment, in which the wire was changed and some of the brackets were tightened, I've noticed a huge change in my "bite"--biting down feels very different. It used to be that I had a slight overbite (which I think a lot of people have), but now with teeth shifting, my top and bottom teeth seem more in alignment

I'd love to post some photos--if I'm brave enough and if I can somehow figure out how to take some non-blurry ones. I will soon be ready for my close-up!

2 Comments:

Blogger Girl Ray said...

Excellent, beautiful girl!

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish we could've traded- I ALWAYS wanted pointy canines that looked like vampire teeth... seriously! And Chris is always saying how hot he thinks girls look with them- I'm so jealous! (But then again, Chris and I are freaks! ;)

Oh well...

I am happy with my teeth for the most part- braces were great for me. I wish I hadn't lost my retainers after a few years though- I've noticed a bit of slippage in the years since- not horrible, but if I still had those retainers I bet my teeth would still be as perfect as they were the day my braces came off.

Lesson?

Don't lose 'em! =)

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home