Tuesday, July 25, 2006

We've Got Magic To Do

Well, it's official, ladies--men dig women with braces. It's a certifiable fact, and is following me everywhere. As you know by now, this has come as a complete shock to me. I was ready to settle for a year in hibernation.

A co-worker stopped me in the bathroom yesterday to say, "I have a great story for you. My friend just starting dating a girl from MySpace and she has braces. I told him that I worked with someone with braces and she's been getting so much male attention lately. He said he loves this girl's braces--that he thinks they're so sexy." Who would have thunk it?

What exactly is it about a metal mouth that turns men on? Is it the sexy schoolgirl mentality? Perhaps the vulnerability?...I may never know. But I am trying to enjoy every minute of it! There's, of course, cute architect boy, and in the past few months, a slew of men who've asked me out (I wasn't really interested, but flattered, nonetheless). I hate to say it, but it's the magic of the braces. I've started imagining life without braces and it's too much for me to bear right now....it only puts me in state of funk. So, I leave you with this--if you're thinking about getting braces, do it. It could change your life.

3 Comments:

Blogger Shannonymous said...

it's not the braces, it's YOU! =)

when the braces come off, you'll still get all the attention if you just stay in your braces frame of mind:

maybe you're a little more defiant since you got them, like, "Yeah, I have braces- you got a problem with that?"

whatever it is, you'll still have it once you're done, and I bet you'll even be more confident and smile more! =)

4:21 PM  
Blogger Listy-loo said...

It totally is the braces! Men iin this country have very sick obsession with adolesence and sexuality. Think about it. The catholic school girl thing, shaved v-jays, and now I think we can add braces to the list.

Tinselteeth- if you have found someone who can except the braces, rock on! If he is really into them and just them, be afraid.

12:47 PM  
Blogger MXF said...

I also know a guy who is totally into women with imperfections...like a nub instead of one finger or a missing tooth or a lazy eye...and I think a lot of guys find women with, let's say braces, much more approachable and real-looking.

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home